Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Keep Your Head Up

‎2 Corinthians 10:3-4
New International Version (NIV)
3 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." -Joseph P. Kennedy

Though we may look in sorrow at all of those around us who are not like us, who do not have the answer, christ, because they bog us down with hatred, swear words, judgement, we should be rejoicing for they are just like we use to be. Someone lost without an answer. And instead of asking the Lord "Why?" we should be asking the Lord "How". Not, "Why must they swear at me everyday just because they know I'm a christian?" but "How can I help them Lord?" "How can I show them the same love you showed me so that they realize there is no need for words like that?" Not "Why must they persist on trying to convince me that you are not real, and then tell me that I am the one who is forcing my opinions on them?" but "How can I show them the same love that you showed me, the same love that proves your existence without having to say one word?" So to all of you who, like me, just returned from Winterfest, one of the best experiences I have ever had, to a place where you are being bogged down by others and the lack of God, and you are struggling to keep your head up remember try not to ask why, but rather how. "How can I use these unique, weird, and different weapons that you have given me, God?"

No comments:

Post a Comment