Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Reasons Why You Should Not Let Laziness be an Excuse

Lately, I have been finding myself turning a lot of things down. I do not wnat to read that book. I do not really want to read their blog. I do not want to study. I do not want to put in the extra effort. I do not want to make myself a blanket. And so on. So I stopped and asked myself, "Why?"

I came up with a lot of excuses, but found my main excuse. That book is too long. That blog goes on forever. I do not want to do work that is not necessary. Making a blanket takes forever. Basically, I am letting my laziness get to me. It is blinding me from seeing things. That book is great, and may have some great insight for life. That blog is full of answers, and I would not want someone to pass my blog entries up simply because of its length. That blanket will supply me with warmth, and when I am done I will feel accomplished. I promise you that if you do not let laziness interfere, you will gain so much!

Just the other day I was walking to a friend's house with another friend of mine. He found what appeared to be a shortcut, but we could not be sure. He asked me to follow, but I said no. I just wanted to go the sure way, and not waste time. But he refused to give in, so I gave in. Come to find out it was a shortcut. Not only that, but a great shortcut. It was an amazing testimonty to God's beauty within nature. We even saw ducklings swimming behind their mother in a river. I know, "So what? It is just ducklings." You have to learn to appreciate the "small" things in life, otherwise how are you to be able to appreciate the "big" things in life when they come? How can God trust you with the big if you do not even want the small?

Proverbs 12:24
"The diligent find freedom in their work, the lazy are oppressed by work." (MSG)

Proverbs 13:4
"Indolence wants it all and gets nothing; the energetic have something to show for their lives."  (MSG)

Indolence- The quality or state of being slothful.

Proverbs 20:4
"A farmer too lazy to plant in the spring has nothing to harvest in the fall." (MSG)





Like what you read? Check out my other blog "There's a Tide in the Affairs of  Men *College*" !

No comments:

Post a Comment