Monday, November 28, 2011

Being Like Ruth

"Ruth could see no evil in others' hearts, because she had none in her own." (Mandy Hager)

This is a quote from The Crossing.


I get myself in trouble all the time because I am too oblivious to see the evil ways of those who surround me. Some people see this as a bad thing. I do not. I believe in giving someone the same opportunity to prove themselves, and receive forgiveness as the Lord gives to me.

So I strive to be like Ruth in The Crossing. To not only continue not to believe in the evil ways of others, but to be able to do so because I have no evil ways of my own.

Pizza Delivery Tip
I would suggest that you read the book The Crossing. Unfortunately you may not be able to find it in a library for the book is written by a Kiwi author. So you may have to buy the book off of Amazon. I have not completely finished it yet, but I can all ready tell that it is worth my time.

From my perspective the book is an interesting comment on many things. It's a comment on society and how power can manipulate the ways, once meant to help someone, into ways that harm a whole race of people. It's a comment on how people misinterpret the ways of the bible and create them to be ways of a cult. It's an exciting book that tells the story of a young girl named Miriam who is forced off her island home to move to what she thinks is the holy city of the Lord, but later finds out differently. I think as a Christian you would enjoy this. I think as someone who has no faith or religion, you would enjoy this. I think either way you would enjoy the book.

The Crossing

No comments:

Post a Comment