Monday, November 28, 2011

Sometimes I'm Overwhelmed By Your Beauty

Walking the paths of Towson today my Ipod turned to the song "Let it Go" by Tenth Avenue. I do not know if it was the music or the environment, but it felt almost as if God opened up his beauty right before me. It was overwhelming. I looked up into the skyline where I spotted the Marriott hotel. I saw the red sign that read, "Marriott" against the brown bricks of the building, surrounded by the amazingly blue sky. I almost broke down in tears. I could not understand. How could something so simple break me down like that? Then I looked around at everything that surrounded me, and it all began to shine the same light as the Marriott. Each thing bringing tears to my eyes. I felt like they were all screaming, "Look at my beauty, I was made by the hands of God for you! I represent your creator!"

It is amazing sometimes, the complex simplicity of His beauty. Something as simple as a building can show you just a small glimpse of His beauty. I looked down. My hands, my body, my face, all red with passion. It took every bit of me not to break down and cry.

This all reminds me of the first time I heard my friend speak. We were childhood friends who unfortunately grew separate over the years. A certain irony faces me day by day as I glance over at her house from my backyard. The irony that her house is so close, yet she feels so far away. I say all of this not for sympathy, and certainly not to provoke anger towards her, but to display how distant we have become. I now feel as if she is that sister that moves away, and the only connection is words from a friend or neighbor. So when she spoke I sat on the edge of my seat, wanting to know how she had been.

Then she shared a story of a part of her life when she would walk down the road noticing one minuscule thing after another in aw that it was there because of God. She expressed the same feeling I felt of being brought to tears by such a simple thing. I now understand what she was talking about that day.

It is something so far beyond amazing, God's beauty, but that is the only word I have. It is something we may never fully understand, but it is something anyone can recognize. Even those who do not know Him.




Sometimes I'm overwhelmed by your beauty
Sometimes I fall to my knees
It's amazing, how much it moves me
It's a wonder, like all of the seas


Sometimes I'm overwhelmed by your beauty
Sometimes I fall to my knees
It's amazing, how much it moves me
It's a wonder, like all of the seas


Sometimes I walk
Sometimes I run
To the alter
Trying to make sense


But now I know
When it comes to you
There's no ways
of making sense


That's only part of humans 


(oh)


Sometimes I'm overwhelmed by your beauty
Sometimes I fall to my knees
It's amazing, how much it moves me
It's a wonder, like all of the seas


Every brick you lay
Every noise you make
Every time you stay
Every breath I take


Every time I hear
Your music in my ears
Every time I feel
You asking me to kneel


I fall to my knees


Sometimes I'm overwhelmed by your beauty
Sometimes I fall to my knees 
It's amazing, how much it moves me
It's a wonder, like all of the seas




Pizza Delivery Tip of the Day
Go out of your way sometime to walk around somewhere. City or nature, you get the same result. Take nothing with you except may be an Ipod. look around and take everything in. See God's beauty It is hard not to see it.

If you do not believe in God I strongly suggest that you try to do the same, but instead of seeing it as God's beauty just see it as the world's beauty.

However, I strongly encourage that you open your mind to the possibility that it might be God. You never know what you find.



No comments:

Post a Comment